Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPLDK50 vers 3.8 SLT's stop ringing on internal calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

eats4treats

Technical User
Jul 10, 2011
GB
Hi

We have a client with an IPLDK50 version 3.8 software. The system will work for a few days then all of a sudden certain analogue handsets(mixture of SLT and Cordless) will stop ringing on internal calls. They will continue to ring on DDI's. I have swapped ports, swapped onto the other cards, moved the cards around, swapped the handsets etc. We swapped the socket faceplates to begin with without realising that the extensions rang ok on DDI calls. A reset on the system cures the fault. The CLI works fine on all extensions connected to the CSLIB cards.

#1 DSIB
#2 CSLIB
#3 CSLIB
#4 BRIB/BRIU

We have defaulted the system and programmed back in by keyset. We have performed the software initialisation PGM452.

Any idea's?

Eats

Ok, Press Trans *#..... TRANS/PGM..... the transfer key?.......sigh!

Hi Eats

Never had this fault myself but I'd be changing the ring generator or Power supply next.

Ring generators can do some strange stuff when they start to fail

Thermus

Good shout!

Will try that too.

Eats

Ok, Press Trans *#..... TRANS/PGM..... the transfer key?.......sigh!

Hello Eats,
How did you get on with this fault?
Have you tried a different MPB? We had a 300 that randomly started ignoring the BRIB, after much wasted time (and tears) it turned out to be the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back