Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ipLDK50 DTRU (dtmf receivers) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleskuk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2008
GB
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some problems with the ipLDK50 system we have just installed.

It is one cabinet and I have following boards included:

- one CLCOB card for 8 PSTN lines
- 1 DSIB card for 12 digital extensions
- 2 CSLIBE card for 12 analogue extensions each,

The configuration has normally, motherboard, programming unit and 1 RGU.

However when i try to access outside line form the digital sets it all works normal, but when i try with SLT phones it just give me busy tone.

I have read in the manual that DTRU (dtmf receivers) might be the cause of this. I do not have any additional DTMF receivers added to the system, so I wonder does the CLCOB cards and CSLIBE have dtmf receivers included in it by default, and if so how many SLT can work simultanously?

I thought DTRU (dtmf receivers) are optional?

Please advise.

Regards,
Ivo

Hi Pleskuk

- One CLCOB8 card for 8 PSTN lines
---> On the CLCOB8 board you can add one DTRU4 board.
(4 channels).

- 1 DTIB12 card for 12 digital extensions
---> On the DSIB12 board you can NOT add any DTRU boards.

- 2 CSLIBE card for 12 analogue extensions each,
---> On the CSLIBE board 4 DTMF channels are included.

- 1 DSIB card for 6 digital extensions AND 6 analogue ext.
---> On the DSIB board you can add one DTRU board.
(2 channels).

The ipLDK-100 system is capable of supporting DTMF receivers up to 32.

///doktor

The motherboard of the ipLDK-50/100 has also 2 DTMF recivers. DTMF receivers are optional, but at least it should be posible to call in to SLT phones.
Did you check the RGU, it could be faulty. Try to make an internal call to an SLT phone.
If you use 2 cabinets in the ipLDK-50/100, there should be a RGU in both cabinets if you are using SLTs in both cabinets.

///doktor

thanks doktor for the post and sorry for late answer.

However this was my first installation of hotel version of ipLDK so I it was my fault not realizing that you have to check in first in order for your SLT (rooms) phone to work.

I thought it was some problems with the equipment.

However I'm still searching for DTMF explanations through some documentation. I mean i will install ipLDK300 with 2 cabinets, one card for 12 digital extensions and 13 SLB2E cards (150 analogue ext. with no caller ID). Both cabinets will have Ring generators and it will use 4 ISDN BRI cards. I'm up to available ports for the configuration, but I'm expecting big load of calls.
What do you think is best thing to do? Add some DTMF receivers on the SLB2E cards?

Thanks again for your support and best regards.

Ivo

Hi Pleskuk

I would add one DTMF receivers to each of the the SLIB2E cards...
Better be safe than sorry!

///doktor

Done!
Works well. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back