Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ipLDK20 "start_demo_mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chjppie

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
MD
Our demo mode has expired 2007/10/31. (60 days) We would like to test further software applications i.e. while we have some downtime the tech's in our office would like to up their skills by hands on reviewing features of the LDK. We have tried rolling back the date to 2007/08/02. The system is a bench system for the tech to nuke, fiddle, upgrade, downgrade and confound in which ever way expands their knowledge.
The Demo mode remains expired. If you have an answer that is a trade secret please keep it offline. e.g. master passwords etc.

You need to "rescue" your ipLDK-20. This means to erase the system software and upload system software again through a TFTP server. I do not the detailed procedure.
You should ask your local importer of LG-Nortel products in yor country to get this kind of information - or simply order the necessary licenses.

///doktor

I assume that by the term 'rescue' you mean that we reload the 'MPB .bin' file. I tried that and rolled back from GS66P-37Dd.bin to the older version GS66P-36Db.bin.
I initilised to system to default country code Korea and changed the date to 2007/08/02... I then reset the system however "start_demo_mode" remained expired.

We were able to roll back the date on an LDK 300 and the demo mode would restart. That was why I interested in posting to see if anyone else has experienced (60 days)and beyond with the ipLDK20.

The trouble is that we always have downtime to sit and 'play' within that (60 day) period. Hmmm... a Dealers dongle for trials or even if the trial expired every 2 hours and needed a reset to restart would suit us better. I think I will put it on the wish list.

The school fees for all the 'Software' options may prove to costly for our little company.

Hi again!

You described the way we used to do this. However with the newer s/w of today, it is not possible.
If your licenses are for testing purpose, you could try to ask your local importer of LG-Nortel products in yor country to obtain some kind of discount, maybe...

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back