Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ipLDK Voip Trunks/IP Phones Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleskuk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2008
GB
Hello,

I was reviewing the LG-Nortel's ipLDK100 system which seemed ideal for our projected needs, but I ran to some questions regarding VoIP interface cards and its resource allocation. I did some research but I'm still not 100% sure how are the VoIP channels allocated and whats its connection with implementing IP Phones on the system.
To be more specific, I'm confused with these question:

1. For ex. if we have D300-VOIB-12 interface card, does it means we have 12 channels that we can alocate as 12 VoIP Trunks?

2. There is no mentioning at all of IP Phones and it's dependency with these VoIP interface cards. Does this means that we can go up to available IP Phones extensions (64 on ipLDK100) on a particular model without the need of purchasing VoIP interface cards or some additional licences?

Please advise, and thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ivo

Hi!

It is possible to have up to 64 ip phones connected to the ipLDK-100.
Some (or all) of the 12 channels on the VOIBE/VOIUE board can be dedicated for ip phones or ip trunk.
All installed ip phones can act as a normal system phone with LED buttons (overview of the status of other telephones).
///doktor

I forgot to tell you about the licenses!
Using any LIP-24 or LIP-70xx (IPECS) ip phone (hardware phone), this terminal do not require any license.
Using PC softphone requires one license pr. user.
And finally one VOIP trunk (IP network) licence is required for IP trunk.
Other licenses are for TAPI/CTI (1. or 3. party).

///doktor

Thanks Doktor, very helpful answer.
Cheers,
Ivo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back