Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPLDK Admin 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

joffyw

Programmer
Sep 30, 2009
GB
Hi Gang,

I'm going crazy here, have just downloaded 3.8 admin software, unzipped it and ran it, now showing that i have an older version installed (3.7 2007.07.12). Have deleted the LG folder in program files yet still the same. Running laptop with vista. Is there another hidden folder i need to delete?

Any help would be appreciated.

The PCAdmin C8Dg.zip file that I have is 11,078,321 bytes in size.
I am using Win XP and by default it installs into C:\program Files\LG Nortel\LDK PCAdmin.
The unpacked and installed directory is 17,394,090 bytes in size.

Check the properties by highlighting the file or folder and pressing alt and enter together.

The login dialog box will display the PC Admin version i.e. GSNAD C.8Dg 2009.02.12
:):))

Found it, after lots of hair pulling i managed to find a folder under my user name-local-virtual store-program files. It would appear this file was being used rather than the new one, deleted it and hey presto, it now works.

Maybe it's a Vista thing.

I hope this post helps someone else down the line and saves someone time.

Thanks Chjppie for the quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back