Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ipldk-24 setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnacomputers

Technical User
Apr 16, 2005
US
help im trying to get my LGE/UK24P-3.0Cb NOV/05
Nation : U.K. (v3 nexer)to default to line 1 on dial9 at present it goes to line 8, also interested in any other help available system has:
CBFB
DSIB8
DSIB8
WTIB (3XWTB100)
BRIB2 (LINES 1+2 ONLY USED 3+4 FOR EXPANSION)
LCOB4 (LINES 1+4 ONLY USED 2+3 FOR EXPANSION
LINE 4 IS OUR FAX LINE)
VMIBE2

REGARDS ADRIAN

This very good system will bring you safe operations for many years, and all the good facilities will help your business grow through the years!

It seems that you have reset this system to the default values. To enable the correct way of function, do this:

PGM141:
The BRIB2 (2 pcs. of ISDN2 /BRI) will cover the CO lines 1 to 4.
The LCOB4 will cover the CO lines 1 to 4.
BRIB2:
CO line 1 and 2 will in our case be the only ones, that we will use, so CO line 3-4 will placed in a CO line group not used.
Therefore, we program the CO line 3 and 4 into CO line group 9. The CO line group=9 is not used.
CO group 9 is the "parking CO group".
CO line 1 and 2 is already in CO group 1, and remain here.

LCOB4:
CO line 5 and 6 will in our case be the only ones, that we will use, so CO line 7+8 will placed in a CO line group not used.
Therefore, we program the CO line 7 and 8 into CO line group 9. The CO line group=9 is not used.
CO line 6 and 7 should be programmed into in CO group 1.
Maybe they are already there?
I f this is NOT done properly a user will have to type nine (9) several times / repeatedly to get an outside line. CO lines have cyclic start as an unfortunate user can get out of having to dial nine (9) up to 8 times if only one ISDN2 connection is active.
There is, as I said a total of 9 (8 active and 1 parking) CO line groups in an ipLDK-24 (nexer).
All programming is done in PGM141.

///doktor

Small mistake: The LCOB4 will cover the CO lines 5 to 8.

And I also noticed this one:
LCOB4 (LINES 1+4 ONLY USED 2+3 FOR EXPANSION
LINE 4 IS OUR FAX LINE)

So, the text below has been corrected:

LCOB4:
CO line 5 and 8 will in our case be the only ones, that we will use, so CO line 6+7 will placed in a CO line group not used.
Therefore, we program the CO line 6 and 7 into CO line group 9. The CO line group=9 is not used.
CO line 5 and 8 should be programmed into in CO group 1.
Maybe they are already there?

In the PGM141 you just enter the CO lines you need to change. And you set the CO Group for all the lines.

///doktor

thanks that makes so much sense,

so now if i put line 8 (fax) into co group 2 i can isolate the fax printer from all the other incoming calls by using co access pgm117 ?

thank you for your time if i get stuck ill come back

regards adrian

Yes!
You can do it:
"So now if i put line 8 (fax) into co group 2 i can isolate the fax printer from all the other outgoing calls by using co access pgm117 ?". -> Just try. It works and is very easy to roll back if you need the original setup.

Please note that this only goes for OUTGOING calls!
Incomming calls are set up in PGM 231 or 144.

///doktor

hi doktor have been busy but i have almost sorted it but am having problems with updating changes , can you tell me is therer a routine for this, i have tried both reset and initialize with the dire consequences that follow how do i do it properly one of the main problems is that on the fax line it wont actually ring the extention but when we ring the technical the fax cuts in and answers as well as ring the other group extentions,

regards adrian

You should not put a fax into a ring group.
Instead give it a separate number.

///doktor

HI DOKTOR

sorry been real busy, had a leak in the roof lost my nexer, which i have now replaced by way of ebay for an even better one, my new system comprises of:

ldk 24 ver 3.0Eb FEB/06
BFBE2
DSIB8
DTIB8
WTIBE (REV 1.4 SW1 OFF SW2 ON SW3 ON SW4 OFF)
CLCOB4
BRIB2 ALL SWITCES (4) ON
SMSUE2 (VMIBE2 VER1.4)
VOIU8
ADSLU A
MPBE2 (REV 1.2)

thanks to your help i am now functional again, but have some questions if you wouldnt mind

1/ what are the other cards for and do i need to do a firmware upgrade to make the wtibe card work as it came seperately from another source

2/the voiu8 card is only recognised as voib does this make any difference

3/the system recognises the smsue2 slot9 card as such but does not recognise it as a vmibe2 but allows me to add it to the next slot slot 7 is this right

4/ is it possible to use pc's as software phones ( i have ez phone and i see people mention a program called phonetage) but are yhe licences embedded or do i need to contact a supplier to get these and are there free ones built in

5/ hot to set up auto attendant

no rush on any of these but any help would be appreciated
or should i raise a new thread for each?

once again many thanks for your valuable time

adrian dunbar

Congratulations on your new system!

Hardware list:

ldk 24 ver 3.0Eb FEB/06
BFBE2 -> gives 2 analog and 2 digital connections for phones
DSIB8 -> gives 4 analog and 4 digital connections for phones
DTIB8 -> gives 8 digital connections for phones.
WTIBE (REV 1.4 SW1 OFF SW2 ON SW3 ON SW4 OFF) -> DECT system
CLCOB4 --> gives 4 analog connections for CO lines.
BRIB2 ALL SWITCES (4) ON -> 2 x ISDN2/BRI
SMSUE2 (VMIBE2 VER1.4) -> sms server unit.
VOIU8 -> gives 8 VoIP connections for IP phones/IP trunk
ADSLU A ->_ADSL modem.
MPBE2 (REV 1.2) -> Processorboard.

A very, very good and interesting PBX, that you have got here.

Q and A:

Q1/ what are the other cards for and do i need to do a firmware upgrade to make the wtibe card work as it came seperately from another source.
A1/ The Nexer (ipLDK-24) now runs in s/w version 3.7.
WTIBE should be the newest version 1.0Ec, or higher.

Q2/the voiu8 card is only recognised as voib does this make any difference
A2/ No problem.

Q3/the system recognises the smsue2 slot9 card as such but does not recognise it as a vmibe2 but allows me to add it to the next slot slot 7 is this right
A3/ We haven't used the sms board, so try to remove to see.
It is a daughter board for the VMIBE2.

Q4/ is it possible to use pc's as software phones ( i have ez phone and i see people mention a program called phonetage) but are the licences embedded or do i need to contact a supplier to get these and are there free ones built in
A4/ Licenses are needed, but a demo license that works for 60 days can be activated.
Licenses are bought by your local LG-Nortel dealer.
What country are you in?
I can supply you the local company info, if needed.

Q5/ hot to set up auto attendant
A5/ This subject has been discussed in this forum before.
Please check the other threads for this.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back