Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPLDK 100 Hunt Group VMIB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze110

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2008
GB
Hello,

Firstly thanks in advance for this forum I have found it invaluable in getting to grips with the telephone system.

However I have a problem, I've searched the net and short of learning Russian I'm suck. I'm sure it's easy when you know how.

I have hunt groups programmed on an external ddi. so for example a DDI ending 250 points to a station group of 622 which rings 3 phones.

I have been able to implement voicemail on individual phones y entering: Speaker, 5,5,4,4,# and this sets up voicemail on no answer and busy....perfect.

However when the hunt group is rang from the external DDI the phone which is voicemail enabled does not ring and therefore can not pick up the hunt group call.

My questions regarding this are:
- how do I make phones have voicemail on no answer and busy yet still availalbe to pick up external calls to a hunt group?
- can the hunt group have it's own voicemail?

Thanks for all your future help - I'm kind new to telephone systems and really need to find a solution!!

Replace "station group of 622"
with "hunt group of 622

In PGM 190 set the Pick-up Attribute to YES. Then the station hunt group members can pick-up other members ringing phones.
If you forward station hunt group members' phones they are logged out of the group!
Therefore you must in PGM191 set the MBR FWD (i.e. Member forward to ON (default is OFF).
You can use the overflow timer and overflow destination to send calls to a station number (phone), that is forwarded to VMIB. Here callers can leave a message.
Try this & report back, please.

///doktor

& also: Let us know the s/w of the ipLDK-100.
This can be checked by pressing [TRAN/PGM]+72.

///doktor

The S/W version is: UK90P-3.7Bd Mar/07

I'll try the fix above just now and report back.

Thanks for the fast response!!

This s/w (UK90P-3.7Bd Mar/07)should work with the (newer) MBR FWD (i.e. Member forward ) feature, so you're on the track...

///doktor

Doktor,

Thanks for that so much.

Just for my understanding, is it correct to say that if I want my phones to go automatically to voice mail if busy or no answer then I need to remove them from the hunt groups?

I have checked that Member Forward is enabled on the Station Hunt group but a phone set to vmib on busy ot no answer still does not ring.

The solution of a hunt group to overflow to a VMIB is perfect! For the Overflow Destination property (PGM191) how do I set this to an existing voice mail box?

Also as a spin off question - Is it possible to set an overflow on each phone to go to voice mail?

I'm really sorry as my knowledge of these systems is just so bad. Your help is fantastic! Thanks so much for the time you've already spent!!

No woories, mate!

We're to help you out - and even writing in English...

Q1:
Just for my understanding, is it correct to say that if I want my phones to go automatically to voice mail if busy or no answer then I need to remove them from the hunt groups?
A1:
Yes, if you press 554+4+#, a direct call to that phone will go to voice mail, if the phone is busy or not is answered.
But if you forward phones (members) in a hunt group, then they are logged out of the group.
You do not need to remove these phones from the group, just set the member forward feature to disable.
Q2:
I have checked that Member Forward is enabled on the Station Hunt group but a phone set to vmib on busy ot no answer still does not ring.
A2:
Try to set the member forward feature to disable.
Q3:
The solution of a hunt group to overflow to a VMIB is perfect! For the Overflow Destination property (PGM191) how do I set this to an existing voice mail box?
A3:
If you a aphone, it has automaically a VMIB voice mail box.
Add a phone, that is not used by a person to be the overflow position. This phone should just be forwarded to VMIB by 554+1+#. If all agents are logged out or the queue is full, calls will go to the overflow poistion (also after the overflow time). Arriving at overflow destination (i.e. this phone, forwarded to voice mail), callers can leave a message to the group. The group members must have some disciplin - remembering to listen to the incomming messages.
Using a keyset (digital LG-Nortel system phone with message waiting indicator (MEW lamp)) makes it easier.
Q4:
Also as a spin off question - Is it possible to set an overflow on each phone to go to voice mail?
A4:
Use 554+4+# or 554+1+#.
Q5:
I'm really sorry as my knowledge of these systems is just so bad. Your help is fantastic! Thanks so much for the time you've already spent!!
A5:
Be my guest.

///doktor

Yeah thanks for all your help - that worked a treat.

Sorry for the late reply I was off on a few days holiday.

Cheers,

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back