Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iplanet messaging server 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

suranji

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
LK
Hi

At the moment I am installing iplanet messaging server 5.0 on sun box. Same time I want to configure out this server for number of domains (eg: abc.com, xyz.com, cnn.zxc.com) as their e-mail server. (I think iplanet can do it with vertual domains concept). But I am still unable to configure it correctly.

I tried followings.
-install several copies of iplanet messaging server 5.0 in different directories with multiplexor. But only one mail server can operate at one time. Because port overlaping problems. Actually I don't know how to configure multiplexor. When I try smtp to send mails it says relaying not allowed.

please tell me what are the correct steps to vertual domails in iplanet messaging server 5.0.

This may be of little use as I run NT boxes but I do believe the process is the same.

I recieve mail for multiple domains, running one mail server and set the mx records to point to the same machine. You can tell the mail server to accept mail for multiple domains and only run one mail server.

The mulitplexor is to spread across multiple mailservers for load reasons.

Hope this is of some help.

Spinny

Thanks Spinny

I am concentrating on the multiplexor but I don't have much knowledge with multiplexor. Can anybody to help me on configuring multiplexor. Any online guide please ..

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back