Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPK2

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DNet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
Anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? If so, what major differences did you notice versus the previous IPK or the 2000IPS?

I went to the roll out meeting a few weeks back.

IPK2 is an Aspire in IPK clothing. This has allowed the IPK2 to accomodate more stations (400 plus) and capacities.

It will be interesting to see how this develops......

Gary

If you know the Aspire you will not have any problems programming the IPK2. Theres a few things that are different such as cap keys, which you must put on every phone just like the IPK. There are some Hardware changes. The IPK 2 does not support 32 port station cards or 16 port sli cards like the Aspire. There are some things that are flaky on the IPK2. I would wait until the next software rel. before selling it.
P.S. If you program from the web interface you MUST save your work through the phone. If you donot do this all new data will be lost on a system reset. Clicking the apply icon does not save you programming.

Any way to import the db from the IPK to IPK2?

Too late on the wait for next release. Sales rep already sold the upgrade. I'm the sad soul that has to do the work.

no there is no way to import the db from the ipk to the IPK 2 sorry :(
good luck on your install. Let me know if I can help.
Hint: Group like hardware/cards together this will help with the time slot problems.

IPK II-I am trying to get an IP Phone (ITH-8D) working on a PVA card. Looks like everything is programmed ok but the IP phone will not come up. Anyone done this and can help, I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back