Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ipk paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

loff68

Technical User
Jun 23, 2005
US
i am not very familiar with the ipk and i have 2 questions:
1- i need to program internal paging by using a trunk port and there is a free trunk ( from what i've been told )?
2- how do i program the button to appear on the phone?

Thank you in advance and any and all help is appreciated.

Internal paging does not require a trunk port. Program a feature access key to dial the paging code. Default is "51

my mistake, it's internal (in the building) over ceiling speakers. Do i still program a feature access paging code?

What you have to do is put the paging trunk in its own trunk group say trunk group 03 then program your access code for that route default is 70 then you will need to go into command 4-12 and program that trunk on button 9 of an 8 button phone then when they dial 70 they will access that paging trunk you could also program a feature access key to dial 70 feature redial the key 1 70 feature and label it page this will work fine be sure that that trunk is not restricted in command 4-19

The ipk has an extenal page port as well. Its on the side by the amphenol connections( RCA Type Plug). The default code for external paging is "55".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back