Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPK II caller id problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf8963

MIS
Jul 17, 2010
US
Good Morning,

I "kind of mind" (support is too strong a word" an IPK II system that for some time has had a rather odd problem.

Periodically, one of the stations (port 0) stops displaying caller id. Since this is the main extension that uses caller id, I'm not sure if its just that extension or all of them (I'm offsite at the moment so I cant check).

In the past I have powered the switch on and off to resolve the issue but there has to be a better way.

I do know how to enter programming mode for the system. Can anyone tell me what I might check to resolve this issue without the dreaded reboot?

Also, how does the system store its setup? Most of the extensions we have were set up when the system was installed. We added 1 extension after that, and whenever I power the system down to fix the caller id, we seem to have problems with the new extension - is there some kind of save command I need to execute after I build an extension, that makes the configuration non-volatile?

Thanks for your help!
w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back