Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iPhone Exchange 2003 Sync issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2004
CA
Setup a users iPhone today to sync to our Exchange 2003 server using the built in Exchange Active Sync component of the phone. It appears to authenticate properly when I put in the server address then the users credentials, it take them but when I go into the inbox from the iPhone it gives me a message "Cannot Get Mail the connection to the server failed"

I have setup another iPhone using IMAP fine, but was hoping to use the built in Active sync to eliminate using the ISP's SMTP setup.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Same problem here, iPhone worked fine, I renewed our SSL certificate and now iPhone just errors with the same message.

The certificate was installed fine and all VPN users are back up and running, but the Bosses iPhone refuses to work?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Google Rank Extractor -> Perl beta with FusionCharts

Uncheck the Require SSL authentication and this will fix the issue

But we require SSL?

I'm not having the Boss connect remotely to our exchange server and it not be encrypted via SSL?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

We have one SBS server so it is a backend server and cannot be made to be a front end server.

This all worked for two years without needing to change anything?

Why has renewing our SSL certificate caused these problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back