Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iPhone/Blackberry Video Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay1983

MIS
Oct 4, 2010
CA
Hello All!

I have a difficult issue here. We have some users with iPhones and some with Blackberries. The issue that we are running in to, is when users with iPhones record video, and e-mail to Blackberry users, they are unable to view the video file since it is in MOV. I understand that Blackberry does not play MOV files, however I was wondering if anyone knows of any 3rd party application available for Blackberry that would allow it to play MOV files, or if there is an application available for iPhone that would record the video in AVI instead of MOV.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Jay

I can't answer your question from personal experience, but I bet the people who made this product can:

Look for "Pocketmac for Blackberry." I think it's overkill for what you're asking, but the company did put a lot of work into what they're doing, so if anybody knows, they do.

Regards,
DK

you can convert the videos on your pc using handbrake.

which model blackberry are you using? some models do have .mov support built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back