Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPHLPAPI.dll and my laptop wont allow wireless to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaidi

MIS
Feb 27, 2003
US
I have a compac presario (in fact two). I recently purchased a wireless card from D-Link. When I stry to intall it on either of the Compaq laptops I get the same error message regarding the iphlpapi.dll. The link is the DWL 650. ANy help will be greatly appreciated. The laptops use Windows 98 se.

Thanks

Gaidi

Did you install the drivers for the cards from the D-link disks? If not, try that. If that doesn't work, or no disks, go online with another pc, and go to dlink's website, and check for updated drivers for your OS. That should fix your problem, I would think.

Also, make sure you have Windows up to date on each machine - if necessary, log onto the internet via hardwire as apposed to wireless for this part. Unless you've updated them prior, there are gobbs and gobbs of updates available for download - I know this for doing the same for a computer that my dad is using with 98.

Stephen [infinity]
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back