Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ipecs mg sip trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamvari

Vendor
Feb 1, 2008
ZW
What could be my problem i have registerd sip lines on the mg but it can only call out but cant recieve, but on an ipecs sbg the same lines can call out and receive.

Please help

Dial Tone shoul be There

Hi Chamvari,

Pls check PGM 160 flex 9 "Incoming/Outgoing Mode" -> It should be set to "Both".

Also does your SIP lines are defined as Normal or DID? If it's DID you need to configure "Digit Conversion Table" for incoming calls. If in normal mode all calls would be routed as set in Ring assignment table.

Regards,
Ivo

THANKS,
Thats exactly what i did for me to be able to dial out, Service type DID, and configured the table, where i am not so sure is on the Sip User ID table , Do you use User Id or extension and what is the effect of the contact number , is this the Converged DID number or the actual number of the SIP line.

Dial Tone shoul be There

Hi Chamvari,

In the SIP user ID table, you should include credentials from the ISP i.e.

1. Registration User ID
2. Authentication User ID (Usually same as registration user ID)
3. Authentication Password

In the contact number field, if the ISP provided you a user ID then select User ID here. This will be used in SIP invite. If you use "STA" the corresponding STA # will be send.

In contact field you can set the public number (DID) that you will present when dialing out (depends on the ISP).

On the other hand, DID conversion can be done using the "Digit Conversion Table".

Just be careful when setting up these tables to include different tables for CO Lines (PGM 160) and Stations (PGM131). The trick is that we can set rules (digit conversion) for incoming calls and digit conversion for outgoing calls and it's all done in the same tables. So, if lets say you set a rule in Digit Conversion Table 1 that will apply for incoming calls, and by mistake leave the Digit Conversion Table 1 as selection in "Station DN Attributes", you will for sure have problems when dialing out.

Please check these settings if you experience problems with dialing in/out.

Regards,
Ivo

let me get on it at the moment i dont have problems of dialing out i cant receive the calls let me play around with the program as per ypur reply i will post the result

Dial Tone shoul be There

Thanks for the TIp, i finally got it working , my problem was on the User Id Table, The user ID should not Be : user ID@sip domain. I think it might be my ISP or just the MG itself, it only registers when you insert the User ID only.

Dial Tone shoul be There

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back