Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ipecs firmware upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntue

Technical User
Jun 8, 2019
ZW
Hi guys, i have 2 quick questions that i hope you may kindly assist me with.
1. Where do i download the ipecs firmware upgrade to change the version from the 1.0 to the latest version and may i also have the step by step upgrade process.
2. When it comes to the LDK50, how do i change the version of the extension card on the system slot without having to reset the system thereby losing all programming in the process.

Thank you in advance

if you are on a very early mfrim you will need to go from version 1 to 5.5 then from that to 6.1 you have to follow a process .

can you claifiy what system you have here or are you talking about 2 different systems?

and change the version of the extension card ...... ?

and why would you lose programming by turning the system on and off .

if you have a battery fault on the ldk50 . you should be swapping the motherboard out for a new one with a working battery . if your good with a solverding iron u can do this your self

Hi. Thank you for your response. I have an ipecs system that is version 1.0 and i want to upgrade the firmware to the latest. what process do i follow and where do i get the firmware plus how do i go about it. on the second point i am talking about the ldk50 which has the old version of the extension card, the one that has a black switch. i want to put that one in and remove the new version card which has 2 white switches. since the pbx has already been configured with the new version card will it not need to be defaulted so that it automatically recognises the old version card? I do not want to lose the current configuration but just want to get the system to 'see' the card i will put in.

you need to confirm exactly what ipecs system you have . as there is different software for different systems etc .

its not a straight forward upload and upgrade going from version 1 to version 5.5 .

you need to follow a set procedure . if done wrong you risk killing the system .

i would suggest contacting a local reseller with experience in upgrading the system .

and if i was doing it i would have a spare system in the boot as it has gone wrong on me sometimes and doesnt happen oftern . but it does happen from time to time .

im more than willing to share software . but you do this at your OWN risk . if you break it . throw it away and get another system or ideally a ucp .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back