Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPE Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100OKI

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
US
I don't know if I'm in the right forum or not for this one.

We have an IPE that uses two DS-30A Links #6 & #7 of the SL-100's LGC 0

The IPE keeps going Sysb and the Msg links keep closing, and it looks to happen around times when call traffic is beginning.

This causes all phones to die.

We first had it poplated with 15 Analog Message waiting line cards and 1 digital line card. We pulled all the cards causing the PM to go back into service, then started reseating them one by one.

When we got to Line card slot 8 (Card # 7), the IPE went SYSB again. So we pulled it out and INSV again. Looks like bad slot right? Well we left that one slot open, put the rest of the cards in with no problem. Stuck the card from slot 8 (Card #7) into another slot, to check the card....card works fine in slot 14.

The IPE was running fine with all cards except card 07 (Slot 8). But this was also 3am with no traffic at all.

This morning at 0800, my tech checked the alarms on the switch and it had crashed again. SO we unseated line cards, it went back in service. this time only seating 5 cards taht came with it from factory. now waiting for it to crash but my hancho is waiting for a solution to fix the problem and I don't have one, due to it's intermittent occurences.

Thanks, REply soon, big event happening in less than 48hrs, need comm.

Desperate Tech

not a dms forum but your link could be bad.. another problem that comes to mind is a possible remote power supply.. had the same type problem that turned out to be a ps.. it looked like a single bad card, then a slot, then it seem to spread.. traffic made it worse, and made my boss turn blue... all test were on zero traffic.. low traffic was clean as traffic needed comm, loop dropped.. you could have a bad backplane but those are still rare even with nortels quality control all having been fired..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back