Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPDECT Max phones ringing or talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmessick

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
US
I have an issue where I collective ring about a dozen IP DECT phones. I've constantly had guys saying their phone does not ring when everyone else's does. When they say each base can handle 8 calls, I always assumed this was 8 active talking voice calls. Could it be the base can only ring 8 phones?

It will only ring 8 :)

nte-transmall.gif

Yep and sometimes if the system tries to ring too many DECT phones (5 or 9 depending on base station type) the phones might fail with a No Access or System Busy message.

| ACSS SME |

is there any way to tell in the admin how many phones have associated to the base? This particular area has 10 people in a collective group in one area, there is a base flanking them on either side about 100ft in each direction. I can try and balance them out but I'm not sure which base they are on.

You can't, handover between bases is automatic, that's the whole point of DECT systems :)

nte-transmall.gif

@nmessick - you may want to consider another approach. Instead of ringing all of the wireless phones, queue the call and have system do automated subtle overhead page. This tends to keep the noise level lower in the store, and is less intrusive if the wireless phone user is with a customer.

Oh - and I just bought 500 hr lube & filters at Abbottstown store for the B7800 that I purchased from Bill Rice. Yes, it's a small world.

Mike Forrence

If it i really needed then add basestations right next to each other there where they are all located.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back