Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPCC sending call to wrong extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

wofting

Programmer
Dec 19, 2006
CA
Sorry if I am in the wrong area, this seemed the closest fit.
I have a client with IPCC 3.5 for a while now they have been having the following issue:
at random times a caller will get into CSQ A, instead of going to one of the agents in CSQ A they are being forwarded/transferred to ext 1234. ext 1234 is in no way related to CSQ A. The script is very basic, nothing in there to cause this.

Any thoughts on random extension choice would be helpful

If this is a very simple script with nothing to cause the problem, I'd look at the Agents in CSQ A CFWD All'ing their phone to the other queue. I've known Call Center agents to do most anything to get the stats up. (ie, a call delivered to their phone but immediately transferred to another phone with CFWD would improve their answer time stat) Take the CFWD softkey off their phones and see if it stops the issue.

the scripts do not have phone numbers in them, does this ext have a voice mail box?

Yes, I believe there is voicemail with that ext.

my script says no voice mail during the day only after hours using the closed gretting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back