Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPAQ PPC Phone and Syncing email

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogle900

Technical User
Aug 24, 2004
US
Hello,

I am trying to find a solution similar to Blackberry's Enterprise Server that will automatically sync my PPC device (IPAQ Phone) with my local desktop email. Our company uses exchange 2000. For example, if I have my Outlook client open on my desktop then when I recieve an email on my ppc device and then delete it, I would like for my desktop to be synced as well. Is this possible? I hate receiving emails on my PPC but yet they dont' show up on my desktop. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you,

Have you set up ActiveSync? I don't have a smartphone, just a PDA, but I know you can get ActiveSync for smartphones and I assume it works in a similar way to the version for PDAs.

You install the software on your PC then connect your device. It will prompt you for various settings which you can tweak later. You can choose which email folders to sync and so forth.

Nelviticus

I use Smartner Duality as an Enterprise solution, but you can also buy a single user version. The Enterprise version runs on a dedicated server, which talks to your Exchange Server and pushes any changes out via your Internet connection to GPRS relays. Any changes made on your PDA go back the other way in a similar manner to maintain the synchronisation. The single user version requires you to keep your PC on, so that the Smartner client can access your Outlook profile. I'm based in the UK but various colleagues have used it both in mainland Europe, and the United States to collect/send e-mails, and update calendar information etc.

You can find out more from , or I believe some clients are available from
We use it with XDA II PDAs, but it should work with yours no problem.

Rik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back