Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ipaq Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayee

Technical User
May 27, 2004
GB
My boss has just bought an Ipaq and is trying to backup to her Compact Flash card.

However, it's proving to be a real pain at the moment because it always defaults back to the Ipaq File Store which isn't what she wants (and besides it's too small for her backups).

Can you tell me how to force it to use her CF card ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jay

go to ipaq backup
backup tab...fie (down the screen, above options0 click on the 3 dots ...on the next screen ...for location choose cf card...click on ok
good luck

Maria

Hi Maria,

What you are advising seems to be what my colleague needs to do each and every time she goes to backup. As she backs up every day or every few days, this is becoming a real chore.

I want Ipaq backup to use the CF each and every time - it seems to continually default to using the Ipaq file store.

I have looked at the Options, but I can't see anything to set the default storage location.

Can you help me?

Regards,
Jay

Hi Jayee,
On mine, after I set to CF it stays as a default.
Do the backup and see if will stay set to CF.
Also, I would check on updates for the ipaq.
Good luck!
Maria

Be careful of filling the memory of the File Store. A known bug will lock it up if you exceed a certain percentage. You can find excellent info at ipaqhq.com.

Hi Maria,

The Ipaq backup does not stay on CF - it keeps reverting to Ipaq File Store.

I was really hoping someone was aware of how to get it to do so ....

You mention updates for the Ipaq - I wasn't aware of any updates - where do I go to get them ?

Regards,
Jay

Her model is HP Ipaq hx2110.

I will visit the web site you mention - thanks.

Regards,
Jay

Been to the web site - but can't find any updates to Ipaq backup - mostly BIOS updates I can't see that I need and lots of Bluetooth updates too.

Hi,
sorry didn't get back to you sooner; I was sick for the past few days.
It is a good thing to run the ROM update. Download the file, run the update and see what happend.
Let me know if works.
Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back