Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPAQ and receiving e-mail remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibsuser

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I have been tasked with finding out how to send \ receive mail from our corporate network to remote sales guys PDA's. The sales guys can access the internet remotely but when trying to VPN into our corporate network and sync i hit a snag.

I have been toying with this for 2 days now and i am getting nowhere fast.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Couple of things. What PDA's are they using, what e-mail software on the corporate computer (like Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes) and how are the PDA's accessing the internet, wi-fi, through a cell phone, connected with a dial-up modem.

IPAQ 5550's with MS Exchange at the server end (thru our firewall) and accessing the corporate network thru bluetooth on a cell phone to the internet.

Thanks very much for replying thus far.

Thanks for the help Glohamar. I will look at these sites in a wee bit more detail and let you know how i get on.

Did you ever find a solution? I have to do the same thing.

cismbear,

We used to have some PDAs set up to sync their e-mails remotely but the VPN solution we had in place was a bit clumsy. In the end we decided to go for a third party solution, and went for Smartner Duality, which works really well and is reasonably inexpensive. We went for the Enterprise version which has a dedicated 'server' to send out the e-mails/appointments from Exchange. You can find it at
Rik

cismbear,

We used to have some PDAs set up to sync their e-mails remotely but the VPN solution we had in place was a bit clumsy. In the end we decided to go for a third party solution, and went for Smartner Duality, which works really well. We went for the Enterprise version which has a dedicated 'server' to send out the e-mails/appointments from Exchange. You can find it at
Rik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back