Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ipaq 1930 + Haicom HI-203e connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2502

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
GB
I have an Ipaq 1930 which I have connected to the HI-203e gps receiver.

The problem is that I cannot get the PDA to talk to the receiver. When I click on GPS on the PDA it is set up to use Tom Tom Navigator 3 on Bluetooth Serial Port 5. Is this correct ??
The other options in the list are Com 3,S2410 IRDA2410, S2410 Com0 or Serial on USB. I have tried to select each one of these settings , but when you go back in, it has reverted back to Bluetooth Serial Port 5. I have tried to select Haicom GPS instead of Tom Tom Navigator 3 and it does the same.

The receiver seems to be working because when I plug it in to the car kit it flashes and then settles with a constant LED.

Is the problem with the PDA, the receiver or the software on the PDA ??

Can anyone help

This may be a silly question but have you installed the software that came with the GPS receiver on your iPaq?

Nelviticus

The only thing that came with the receiver was a user manual on CD.

Can anyone tell me how I connect with this PDA

Bluetooth ?? Com 1 ?? Irda ??????

Well, I've just downloaded the manual - or more accurately a zip file containing four different manuals - from the manufacturer's web site and it's pretty incomprehensible. The HTML version does seem to indicate that some software needs to be installed. If you look at the page called "Test Your HAICOM-CF GPS [1]" there's a link to a "Testing Program Download" page. This doesn't link to anything in the zip file that I downloaded but it might link to something on your documentation CD.

That's all I can suggest, really. I would expect hardware like this to require some kind of driver but I couldn't see any links to one on the manufacturer's site. If the above doesn't work for you I'd send them an email.

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back