Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ipaddress setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickgc

Programmer
Apr 5, 2010
US
OK I am 7 years rusty at this BUT I am doing pretty good.. ONly problem I haev is trying to setup an sco-unix box on the network and I can't find/remember all the files I need to touch to change the ipaddress..

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.. and Yes I know it is easy I just can't remember old age!!!

man netconfig (if OpenServer)
man netcfg (if UnixWare)

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

OK... So don't you think I would have tried MAN first... IF it was installed on this server, not everyone installs MAN pages because of space restrictions..

I am a little frustrated because MAN seems to be the only intelligent thing you have to say.. Back in the 80's when I used forums every day I gladly helped people and they gladly helped me. But then again I guess it is not the 80's and no one cares to help people.

I know I am missing changing one file because when I do a netstat -in I receive the following:

net1 192.168.1 192.168.1.200 (old address) and then the packt info.. So what did I miss..

I have changed the /etc/hosts file the nbconf file.. I know I am missing one just can't find it/remember..

Can you provide the SCO release information? Are you running OpenServer5, OpenServer6, or UNIXWARE? Details such as these will help.
Some earlier versions of OpenServer5 had a little problem with changing the IP which might give you grief, but no need to go into that if you are running a different flavor.

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

Here's a useful How To on the SCO online knowledge base, TA#110039, url:

It covers all the SCO OS's from 5.0.0 to 6.0.0.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Pat Welch, UBB Computer Services, a WCS Affiliate
SCO Authorized Partner
Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
Unix/Linux/Windows/Hardware Sales/Support
(209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
E-mail: patubb@inreach.com

hi

I have a document that i put together myself... its not anything special but its really easy to read with pics...

just need your addy to send it to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back