Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iPad CSS problem - missing background image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artifice

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
GB
I have an issue with the way that my main web site Background image is displayed on an iPad. Basically, it doesn't even show!!

The page in question is:

I am using 2 style sheets for this page, one for normal, desktop devices/browsers and one for iphone/ipad.

To achieve this I am using the following:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)" href="iphone.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen and (min-device-width: 481px) href="style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width = 1050" />

I have 2 versions of my background image, a massive one linked from my style.css file, for most people, and a smaller cropped version for the iphone.css file.

Now, this works fantastically well on the iphone but when I view on an iPad the background image just isn't visible at all.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks,
Artifice

Does your iphone.css file validate? I see a missing closing brace for the body rule as a start, and that's only looking for 5 seconds without scanning the rest of the file...

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Snippets & Info:
The Out Atheism Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back