Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP560g screen is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
I have some of these that work at first and then the screen goes blank, no display at all. Sometimes if I reset them it will work again for a little while. Anyone seen this, is it a known issue or do I just need to RMA the phone?

SO far I have not found the exact cause of this problem. I think it may have something to do with the communication of the phone to either the switch or the server. The IPDS and IPDT services control the phones display. It seems if there was a problem there though, all of the phones would be affected not just the 560g.

I also have a 560g with this symptom. Be interested for a resolve on this. There are 3 other 560g phones on same vlan (subnet) and do not have this problem.

The only solution I have found so far is to replace the phone. I have had this problem with several of the 560g phones. So far the replacements have not had this problem. I also have had some of them not go blank, but the screen gets all garbled or flips upside down when the caller hangs up.

Shoretel thinks this is a network issue where the phone is not getting a timely update from the SG switch. Haven't been able to confirm if this is the issue or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back