Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500V2A - R11.0.4.8 ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

george74

Technical User
Oct 12, 2008
GR
The Avaya docs says the new Unit IP500V2A is compatible only with R11.0.4.8 or higher, however latest available 11.0.x release is 11.0.4.7 on Avaya support site.
How this Release: 11.0.4.8 can be downloaded ?

It is scheduled to come out in May. So it might be out by June.[upsidedown]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

It is compatible with R11.1 so if you have an IP500V2A control unit and you need to use it before R11.0.4.8 is released I would go that route.

At the bottom of that thread is a link to a PSN saying that R11.0.4.7 takes a critical patch to work. It does state that any R11.1 will work(documentation says this I have not tried it...).

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I know about 11.1 compatibility however i need this replace an IP500V2 11.0.x who still using VM PRO in a Win Server therefore only 11.0.x should be implemented in this case

Ah gotcha. I think you will likely have to submit a ticket requesting the R11.0.4.7 critical patch in that case. I would imagine if you explain your situation they *should* give it to you.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Or you could upgrade the IPO to 11.1 and run VMpro at 11.0

You are ... unlikely ... to run into problems caused by a version mismatch of that level. If you are worried, you could then downgrade the IPO to 11.0 when the May update eventually is released.

- Qz

It will work with any 11.0.4.6 or higher perfectly well. Except that they found that when you came to upgrading the system, you would discover that the V2A wouldn't be upgradable using the upgrade wizard. The only way to upgrade would be a site visit and to recreate the SD card at the new release.

Since 11.0.4.7 is the current latest service pack, they have made the fix available as a patch for 11.0.4.7. When its available, 11.0.4.8 will contain the fix as standard.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back