Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP406v2 Upgrade from 2.1(27) to 3.1(48). Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

olive

Programmer
May 10, 2001
FR
Hi,

I've upgraded two IP406v2 from 2.1(27) to 3.1(48) without using the intermediate release of 3.0(99).

Now, I've a probleme :
On all the groups with rotary ACD, with 15 users, I lost about 2 or 3 users by day. So 7 days later, a call on such a group is rejected because there is no user left.
If I reset the IPOffice, it then comes back to normal.

For example, today, the calls on a group can come on user 211, 212, 213, 214, ..., to 225 on rotary mode.
But tomorow, the users 212, 217, and 225 will not receive any call !
And the day after, the extensions 211 and 220 will not receive any call.

Do you think it is due to the upgrade without using the intermediate release ?
Perhaps it is a bug of 3.1(48) release ?

Thank in advance to help me.

the 3.0.(99) is because the upgrade to 3.1 is too big
i think your config is corrupt now
another question why to 3.1.48 ???
why not 3.2 ?
try to upgrade again and use the 3.0(99)
i think you better move on to 3.2
but if you do that go to 3.1.65 first before you move on to 3.2
and go to
read the techbulletin for this version (very important)
with the 3.2 manager you can see if there are any faults in your config

First, thank you very much for your answers

another question why to 3.1.48 ???
why not 3.2 ?
==> Because, it's very difficult to always use the latest version of Avaya --> there is one version per week !!

try to upgrade again and use the 3.0(99)
==> But, Do I have to Reset using DTE cable ? and to restart all the processus 2.1.27 --> 3.0.99 --> 3.2 ?
Or Can I start tu upgrade with the current config 3.1.48 ?

but if you do that go to 3.1.65 first before you move on to 3.2
==> I'm sorry, but I don't find the techbulletin for this version. What is so much important to notice ?

OK, I read this in the forum :

I think that's what you want I notice.

To your mind, is it possible to wait for new release 4.0 ?
I've heard about that this release can do the upgrade of any version of 2.1, 3.1, 3.2 to 4.0 without using intermediate version, which is very boring and dangerous !

Thanks

the end of this month there will be a new release of 3.2
it doesn't come every week :) but every 3 months
3.2.54 is better then 3.1.65 wich is better than 3.1.48 :)
why the tech bulletin for 3.2
because there are some changes like security
here is the link for the tech bulletin

Have you heard about new release 4.0 and the fact that you have not to use intermediate version ?

So what do you think I should do ?
Restart all the processus of upgrade, starting by reseting whith DTE cable, then 2.1.27, then 3.0.99, then 3.1 ... ?

Thanks

Even if you wouldn't need an intermediate version for 4.0 the upgrade docs will probably as before say that you will need to be at 3.2 before upgrading and to get to 3.2 you should follow the upgrade path descibed in that release.

To answer your 'DTE' question - try it!I have upgraded an old 2.1 unused unit to 3.2 by the back door (AT-X it, and let manager upload the 3.2 binary).

Not such a good idea on a working site - but if you can't be bothered with all the in-between bits. Of course, it would need a reprogram (just open the old 2.1 config in 3.2 manager).

Oh, I can hear the screams of "don't do it!" now - but it worked for me...;).

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

I would always use the .99 releases where needed, even if upgrading via DTE. These releases upgrade the memory allocationswithin the IPO and are not really anything to do with the s/w. Therefore these are NEEDED or the s/w won't fit properly.

If you can't be bothered to do them, more fool you if you start having problems.

If you come from an INDeX background then these upgrades are quick compared to upgrading an INDeX!!!! Each s/w took about 1/2 via the COM port and then the same putting the database back in.

Jamie Green

IPO ACA:Implement

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back