Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP406 SPECTRALINK INTEGRATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDClampet

Programmer
Mar 13, 2007
CA
I Connected the spectralink Netlink PTB150 phones and the MCU Module which connects via analog ports.
My question is...in the Extention programming I tried to turn on message waiting for voicemail and caller ID enabled.
But when I leave a message I don't get an indication on the wireless that there is a message.Is there a way to do this via a shortcode? and what works with the spectralink which is analog integration to the IPO.

THANKS!

I didn't know you could integrate IPO to a analog MCU. I've always used Netlink with no problem. The envelope on the display worked also.

If you goto the polycom site you will see a pbx matrix that should show which mcu to use per specific pbx.

It's people like you who generalize.

thanks for your response. I went to the polycom site to check out the compatability matrix chart.
What I don't get is, I sent up a spectralink Netlink with the definity using the Proxim AP's through digital ports which it emulates the 6400 series telephones. The Avaya IP Office version IP406 uses the 6400 series sets also.
My question is can't I also integrate the spectralink with IPO digital ports?
I do see in the Matrix chart Avaya (2) section it emulates 4612 sets.

Thanks

The integration is probably what is failing. I suppose that perhaps the integration codes between Definity and IP Office are different which is partially why you buy specific MCUs.

While the matrix shows IP Office phone emulation it does not show a specific digital MCU so it must be assumed that analog MCU is the way to go. Of course you could call them. Post if you hear something different.

It's people like you who generalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back