Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP406 Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean2E30

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2008
US
I know this is something simple but I can't find anymore info on it.

I have programmed my directory with listings such as: Bob Dole, 7035553333.

Right now if he was to call in I would get his name appearing with the incoming number, but if I look him up in the directory and hit call the number is unobtainable. Now if I put a 9 in the number I can use the directory to dial out, but when he calls in I don't get his name popping up.

I've tried a few things like a few key characters in front of the number but it didn't help.

You system is setup to use 9 as the external dialing prefix. However that means a 9 has to be added to any incoming CLI's to make them valid for return calls.

You need to add 9 as the Prefix on each of your liness (plus 90 in the national and 901 in the international prefix field if present)

That will add a 9 to the CLI recieved when Bob calls and so entries such as the call log can be used for return calls. Also add a 9 to the front of all entries in the directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back