Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip406 control unit sys stat error "the following system resources are in in use: voicemail chan

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcolino

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
not sure why I am getting this error, "the following system resources are in in use: voicemail channels" i checked licenses, voice pro 4 ports, available instances - unlimited, number of licenses in use 0, status valid, instances unlimited, license expiration date never. researched and did not find a fix. the only change added another expansion module. any ideas on the fix for this

This happens every time you exceed your four channels.
So for in use and a fifth needed gives this error.
If it happens a lot then I would buy some more channels.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

lol u dont understand! no one can check voicemail. everybody is getting the same message. reboot the system same message. the phones when you press the voice mail button nothing happens and when you try to dial it directly message on phone says number busy.

One of the older version had a this bug in it. I don't remember which version though. You had to reboot the IPO to clear.

system alarms (6)
9/1/15 occurrences 5, error 8khz clock source changed previous source was internal
but I still have controller set to use system clock

9/1/15 occurrences 72, error the following system resources are all in use: voicemail channels
trunks 4
9/1/15 8:18am, occurrences 4, error yellow alarm
9/1/15 8:18am, occurrences 3, error trunk out of service
9/1/15 8:18am, occurrences 2, red alarm
9/1/15 8:18am, occurrences 2, loss of signal

the trunks error the system was down this morning. the service one is the one that keeps coming back. this is the ipo 406 no modules, so very strange

ipo manager ver 7.0(26)
ipo c/u 406 ver 5.0

you need more voicemail channels and it reported the reboot as well

you need more voicemail channels" (what could have changed to cause that) keep in mind no one can check there voicemail. and non are in use. I have vmpro 4 ports, only 4 can check it at one time. I think I know what it could be, I added a second 16 port expansion module, maybe it needs a vm pro license per module?

no adding a module should not cause this type of issue, have you rebooted the voicemail pro server? checked all connections and verified you set up, something has changed. Maybe your server crashed

yes, rebooted many times,re-seated all connections, I can remote to the server, ping server and control unit ip, no issues.

license type vmpro (4port), available instances unlimited, number in use 0, status valid, instances unlimited, expiration date never
license type compact biz center , available instances 1, number in use 0, status valid, instances 1, expiration data never
license type soft console , available instances 1, number in use 0, status valid, instances 1, expiration date never
license type eblf, available instances unlimited, number in use 0, status valid, instances unlimited, expiration date never
license phone mgr pro (per seat), available instances 2, in use 0, status valid, instances 1, expiration never.

the dongle should always have an red icon in the bottom right corner?

I tried starting up vm pro client getting error. There are no vm pro server on the local machine.
it sees the machine but cant connect.

ok here we go the the voicemail pro service will not start?

has this ever worked? any changes on the network since this happened, what is the error you are seeing, may be time to bring in a qualified vendor to resolve this issue

so that tells me that someone changed the voicemail pro password as when you change it to a local account you no longer need to enter a password so yes someone changed your password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back