Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP VPN MPLS design requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolseley

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
AU
I have not designed this before , I am looking to make a proposal for a manufacture company is looking to implement IP VPN over MPLS for his/her customers (30 clients) what are the recommended requirements (router, leased line, etc,,,,) for each client to have ?

Each customer site has got 10 users.

Customer right now accessing customer site through ADSL connection (Internet)

If we want to implement IP VPN MPLS , do we need to replace that ADSL connection with a leased line ? or still we can used ADSL connection ? or we have to have another connection aside from ADSL, (i.e. one connection is dedicated for IP VPN and the ADSL connection for accessing the internet )

If I am looking to use a Cisco router as Customer Edge router (CE router, because client right now does not have a Cisco router ) what type of router do I need ? what module should a router have ? , what type of ISO ?

Do I need to have any other devices beside a Cisco router ?

Regards

Note: I can find informations about the applications that are going to be used and therefore we can decide proper bandwidth.

I currently use an MPLS Network from AT&T, might I suggest you call them. Their prices are reasonable and tech support is very good. They have a managed serice that I use and all equipment is supplied.

Like dberg35 stated give a provider a call. AT&T is working well from him. I use Sprint and have not had any issues. They also offer different levels of managed services.

Jim W MCSE CCNA
Network Manager

I am a consultant thus I work with many different clients, and I prefer Sprint over ATT simply because they allow me to run EIGRP as they have a Cisco backbone. Whereas ATT uses a Juniper backbone and you are limited to Ripv2 or BGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back