Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP-Trade & Avaya - thoughts? experiences? suggestions? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzoomzoom

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2010
US
We're looking for a SIP endpoint turret solution and IP-Trade is a potential solution.

The word on the street is that IP-Trade does not integrate well with Avaya.

Fact or Fiction?

Thanks!!!

we have a client who is using IP trade with Avaya but it was a very painful process for them. The go live was delayed 3 times and all in took 3 months for IP trade to get it working. I was not impressed with IP trades support there were several times I arranged for avaya & ip trade to be on site for a coop and they would not even turn up. They rarely apologised and even more rarely returned phone calls.

I would not recommend them but others may have different opinions, don't just listen to my (awful) opinion though.

"Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary, and you can probably get a career in it.
Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

I do not own or support any IP Trade sites but I do interface with people that do. I have ordered many ARD circuits to sites with IP Trade turrets and can tell you that getting these lines to work properly or for any length of time on an IP Trade system is pure luck. It takes forver and IP Trade is either unwilling or lacks the knowlegde to assist. Just my experience.

The IP trade works very well with Cisco - would that be something you would consider, I have never worked on an Avaya intergration so I cant comment on that. plus - Redwoodbob - what type of ARD's are they that you have had a problem with - E&M? and did you use an Aculab card on IPtrade for the TPO? as we find that it works very well and have quite a few clients with private Wires on IP Trade

It may well work ok with cisco but as we all know systems have problems, big or small. The thing that separates vendors out is the ability of their support team and this is where IP Trade is absolutely dire.

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

IP trade do not have a direct model and are not a support organisation. They are the manufacturers who R&D and offer 3rd and 4th line via their partners. Could it be that your poor experience is shaped by the partner / integrator (it is them who should be handling support issues after all)?

Biglebowski -I see you have had a bad experience with how you have been supported by IP Trade and it's partner set. This is not the place to comment on good experiences with our clients, but I am very motivated to a) understand the issues and b) if we cannot improve the situation for you right now, then understand what went wrong and fix it within IP Trade and the partner network to make sure it does not happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back