Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Telnet Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgp

Technical User
Sep 9, 2002
DE
Hi All,

ip telnet source-interface Loopback0 command

I have setup the above command on my remote & central routers and when I wanna telnet either side ethernet interface ip, I am not able to telnet it but when i remove on any router, i can telnet the remote router or vise versa.

Can anyone tell me how does it work?

Regards

this command is used to change the source address that will be used by the router when telnetting. So, rather than use the address of the egress interface, the router will use the address of interafce that is specified in the command. In this case, the address of the loopback interface.

This means that the remote router must have connectivity to this interface's address. Are you running a routing protocol? And if so are you advertising the loopback interfaces networks in that routing protocol? This would be the first thing i would check. Let me know if this is it or not.... Erik Rudnick, CCIE No. 9545
mailto:erik@kuriosity.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back