Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP softphone - Telecommuter answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizbri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
I have several users setup with IP softphone in telecommuter mode. All but 1 can answer an incoming call by picking up their phone that its directed to (the phone in the telephone at filed when logging in). I don't recall setting this for any other user. Is there a setting to control this?

Thanks for the help
Brian

Does the odd user have a non-standard telephone service? Like Magic-Jack or Vonage?

Perhaps the system isn't detecting the answered call.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Nothing like that - tried on landline and cell phone

Are they perhaps putting a 1 in front of the number and don't need to be? What happens if you dial the number they input from your desk?

I have this same problem. What I found is the trunk used for the outgoing portion of the call. If the call is terminated over a old style T1 (Tie Trunk) the user must click the software to answer before answering the physical telephone or cell phone. If the call is placed on a newfangled ISDN trunk the users just picks up the physical phone or cell. So I routed all telecomuter users over ISDN trunks.

I hope this makes sense

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

ED,
Good call - when i pushed it out over our local PRI instead of our LD T-1 it worked.

Thanks
Brian

Glad I could help

Thanks
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back