Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP softphone problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunelson

MIS
Sep 29, 2004
US
I have a problem with dialing out on a PRI line with my IP softphone. I can dial internal numbers or receive a call and everything works fine, but if I dial out my calls terminate after 1 minute and 36 seconds, give or take a second or two.

When I watch in Monitor, I see an error line:
ERR: Round trip delay timeout expiry, clearing call

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks so much.

Just by interest:
Are you running your systems on 3.1?
I have never experienced the "round trip delay timeout" on earlier version (when using SoftPhone that is!!).
We've noticed that Avaya have made some major changes in the H323 implementation from 3.0 to 3.1, propably because of the new IP Dect. Maybe these changes have affected the Softphone?!?

i am running 3.1.... its not a softphone, im getting this over a ip trunk to a 8500

sucks

The problem cleared itself up after we moved from a VPN over cable modem to a point-to-point T1. So, at least in our case, it didn't look like it was a software, control unit, or configuration problem, but just some really strange network issue.

we running on a ipsec vpn over a 100mb cogent circuit.

perhaps there are some settings on my firewall i could change..

We were doing IPSEC as well, with a Sonicwall TZ170 on one end (the end with the IP phones) and a Sonicwall Pro 3060 on the other (with the control unit).

darn, we have a 2040 and a 3060..

wonder if there is some setting i can change on the firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back