Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Softphone logging off IP hard phone during registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkbrt

MIS
Apr 4, 2006
US
I have a customer that want to have the same functionality of 2 IP hardphones and one extension, using a softphone. For instance, one ip hard phone will log the other one off when logging in with the same extension. I can not repeat this feature with one ip hard phone and a soft phone. The soft phone will never log the hard phone off causing all calls to target the logged in ip hard phone. does anyone know of a way to log off a ip hard phone with a soft phone so one can use one extension. thanks for any info.

Its been awhile since I've tried it, but try making the "BASE" extension of the IP Hardphone different than the extension you're logging into. Example, if you're logging in with extension 211 on the Hardphone and want log into 211 on the softphone, try making the base extension of the IP Hardphone say 411..

For me in the past, this would log out the IP Hardphone, and the softphone would log in.

Basically h382 is right, there is only a small difference.

You should have four IP extensions each with a unique number, lets say 101,102,103,104.

These are what h382 named as the BASE extensions.
Then you need two users with a different telephone number as the IP Extensions, lets say 201 and 202.
As these users must be able to log-on and log-off they need to be setup as hotdesk users wich mean they must have a Login code set in the users telephony area, however, it is not possible for a softphone to enter the logincode.
For these type of users only enable the feature "Forced login" and do not enter a logincode.
Then for softphone enable "Agent mode" during login and select "Login/Logout" with either 103 or 104 as the base extension to use with the softphone, 101 and 102 are reserved for the IP Hardphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back