Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebtj

Technical User
Dec 12, 2008
License question.

When printing the slt, is that giving me the max licenses I can build phones too, or just what is programmed?

Example

Ld 22
Slt
CORP PBX TOTAL AVAIL USED
ANALOGUE TELEPHONES 808 386 422
DIGITAL TELEPHONES 1632 653 979
IP USERS 408 260 148

I know more info comes up, but the total gives the max amount of ip phones that are currently licensed that i can build, right? So I can’t build 409 ip phones. Only the 408.

so the question really is, can i have more licenses available then ports built for a certain type of set.

Also, can I transfer ip (or any type) of licenses from one pbx to another?

thanks

yes you can xfer ism between sites. there are limitation, such as same major release, pbx only, same service level or lower, no branch office...etc, etc.

requires nortel involvement and a 1 time setup fee, for the initial setup, but basically, you set all your pbx into a network pool and designate someone as a site admin then anytime you want to xfer between site, the site admin access the KRS website xfer the license between the site and generate new keycodes to activate.

talk to your vendor, all of your vendor nortel SE would probly know this procedure already.

this is truly a great site.

thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back