Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP sets with PC connected to PC Ethernet Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherWat

Technical User
Feb 12, 2016
CA
I have a CS1000E at 7.6 using 1220, 1120 and 1140 IP sets. Is it possible to see which of these IP sets also have a PC connected to it via command line? When I IDU a set I just get

IDU_Command_qp1oet.png

Thanks.

I can't remember exactly but if you ssh into the actual telephone set you might be able to see the data port connection if active or not with the command set identified in pdtHelp

Only a thought ..

TGD

Depending on what network devices your company uses you can see ports that have 2 IP's or MAC addresses associated to them. You can sort them by the phone set information to make sure they are the ones you need.

We have tooling setup that collects info from all the data switches in the network and has a nice web front end you can search the mac address that you already know (LD 117 locrpt tn l s c u) gives you the switch and port. You ca then look at that port see the 2 MAC addresses, then search the additional MAC and get the IP. I don't really know a way on the CS1K but its easy enough with read only access on network (ours is all cisco).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back