Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP set 1220 will not register with BCM450 R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlk53

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
New BCM 450R6. 1220 would not boot at all. Tried set on BCM50R3 and booted fine,downloaded FW, and came up to where it asks for a DN. Took phone back to 450, it boots but says "server unreachable". Checked setting in phone and they are all fine. BCM has given out IP as it is in lease info. System has latest PEPs. Can anyone help?

did you get loading boot c ... in the display when booting up the phones on the 450?

set EVERYTHING to static and reboot. I have seen that work. Then you can set it back to DHCP once it is working.

I found a thread that said to try booting off a bcm50r3 first. Tried that and then to the 450 and up it came. Thanks for info. Will keep in mind for when there is no bcm50 around. Thanks for quick reply.

i just had that same problem not even a week ago with a bcm50 r6

i was eventually convinced they had no firmware on them and ended up trading them out for 1120s that downloaded the firmware fine

after seeing your post and hearing of one other instance of this happening from my vendor i am curious as to whether these 12xx series phones for some reason cant download firmware from 6.0

You can push it manually; I created a thread on that topic months ago.

Also, if your BCMr6 (50 or 450) are patched up to date, it should work as Avaya was aware of the issue and apparently corrected it.

i have lastest PEP,s. System 006-201106-1. no go

I cannot get TFTP server to work. Set reads config file fine but set reboots before it downloads firmware. Any thoughts?

I just went with 1120s .. save yourself the hassle return them and get the better phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back