Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip Routing 5304xl 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavalieri

Technical User
Oct 22, 2008
IT
Ip routing Help:

I have a network configured as the above schematic. My net has 2 Procurve 5304xl switches, the VLAN10 is where domain clients are connected. The VLAN140 is where the internet provider is connected through a Proxy server (kerio Winroute Firewall). Intenet up to now is working without any problem.
I have the necessity to connect a remote Network, through a HDSL Modem to our Lan. I created a new VLAN13 where I connected my modem.
My questions are:
1) Is it possible to create a Ip routing table inside the switch to let the services (Internet and Remote network) available for my clients?
2) If yes, how I can set the table?

I do not need the remote lan clients to share my services.
As soon as I am not so familiar with this kind of configuration I kindly request to be patient with my request.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Roberto Gabriele.

Being a layer 3 switch, and all vlans being directly connecte3d, they will already have routes to each other by virtue of the direct connection, and the switch will route its own vlans...

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back