Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP-Regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello,

I have a question in regards to IP-Region. I am working on a basic design where all the call server and media resources are located in corporate network (Region 1), while the branch has only stations (Region 2). My question is; do I need to assign one C-LAN and one MedPro boards per network region? or because network region 1 and network region 2
are connected, the stations in region 2 can access the MedPros in region 1, so I don't need more than one C-LAN and one MedPro? is that correct?

Thanks!

If you have them set to yes on Direct Wan on the ip-network-regions I believe they will be able to access each others resources.

We have 3 branch offices (Network regions 2, 3 and 4) running from our call server in our Head office running off the MedPro's and CLANs (network region 1). The Network regions are set Yes on Direct WAN and we have no need to assign dedicated MedPro's or CLAN's for the additional network regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back