Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP PHONES remain connecting to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello Team.
I have a strange issue.
On a BCM50r6 with all patches and licencing in place i get on some iphones connecting to server and the message light blinks.
Same happens if i try softphone 2050v2.
It is not a device issue as if i de register the set i can register it with another DN, and then the other set remains to connecting to server.
any ideas?
all phones on same lan same switch.

thanks

Nikos

Do you have enough IP licences for all your phones? Look in Resources.

Marv ccna

Did you reboot the BCM? or the Switch?
Did you try another switch? or at least swap working ports with a problem port?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hello team, answering your questions, i have licences for the phones, i have changed the switch and i have rebooted the BCM many times.
Any other ideas?

thanks

Nikos

Is this just one DN in particular? Check in inactive DN to see what type it is. It's might be a digital DN.

Marv ccna

No it is not a digital DN, i can de rigester it from resources then automatically asks for registration password, i enter password and DN and keeps blinking connecting to server , while i see in BEM that is being registered. Very strange issue.

Nikos

Tried this, i removed the device from network , i removed it from manager , connected to network , asked for password and dn and still remains to connecting to server.
If i check in the active sets on BEM i see the IP of the set and the DN as active ,strange , while set 1120E remains in blinking red connecting to server.
i also tried another set 2002 with exact the same results.
Resources are OK system max 32 , licence max 32

Nikos

I found 3 other related post as you might have and again nobody updated the resolution to the issue.

Only thing I can think of is to do a "Restore" and choose Restore From: "Restore From Factory" and select "IP Telephony" , once done then restore from an earlier Backup.
Maybe do same to "Data and Network Services"

If neither work then repeat above with "IP Telephony" but program from scratch.

Maybe first if you have a spare BCM50 in your lab then do a backup from the problem child and restore the the lab rat.
See if you have the same issue, if so do all the above on the lab rat first.

Outta Ammo!

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I have the same issue to another BCM50R6 that a remote worker cannot get registered. Actually is registered according to BEM but the set keeps blinking red saying connecting to server.
Removed the set , erased the user , did registration from scratch but still the same ghost issue....

Nikos

Did you add un-supported firmware to the systems lately?
v 5.5.8 (062xx96) was the last supported firmware for BCM.

Are these phones you are adding as new or is it all of a sudden your phones are doing this on their own?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back