Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip phones registering to processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

letman2

Technical User
Mar 15, 2007
US
we are CM6.3. Our avaya network is closed off from the corporate network with different subnet. We have clans and medpros on the corporate network. We are trying to deploy a couple of 9640 phones for the first time in a couple of years. they are trying to register to the processor in the avaya network even when we static config them to the clan on the corporate network. I can get the 9640 phones to work if I stay in the avaya network. The network people say it is an Avaya problem. I believe the last time these phones worked was before the upgrade from 6.0 to 6.3 about 3 years ago.

Have network check the option 242 in your DHCP system.

Make sure your CLAN and PE are not in the same network region and the CLAN Network Region matches the endpoints. You can also disable h323 registrations on the PE.

My clan and pe are in the same network region and h.323 is turned on. I will turn h.323 off. Will this effect anything else?

Don't turn off h323 if you've got anything registered to it. You can verify this with "list reg gatekeeper X.X.X.X", with the X=your PROCR or CLAN IP address, depending on what you want to see. Or don't shut it off at all.

I would recommend addressing the bigger question of why the PROCR is not on your corporate network. If anything, I'd start working towards ditching the CLANs and get everything over to PROCR. This will be better for your in the long term. If this is not an option, then build a new IP-Network-Region for these phones and put them in there. This should keep them from balancing away from CLANs and over to PROCR.

All of my g450s (36) use the address for control ip address and they are in the private network. Can I move the procr to the network region that the gateways are in?

Sounds like it might be a bigger project than that because of your networks layout (if it's truly isolated). Resultingly, I'd be hesistant to just move them all to register elsewhere without fully evaluating the circumstance.

Ideally you would have a VLAN for your voice core, then VLANs for all your voice devices (gateways and phones) on a per location basis. These would all be routable to each other (and usually into the normal corporate network also). You then want to then separate sites in to various network regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back