Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phones issues on a 3com 5500 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianuk1974

Programmer
Feb 5, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,

I am implementing a Mitel 3300 ICP VOIP solution on a site with 3com 5500 eries switches. We have had the solution part installed for a few weeks now each weekend the site have had to have a managed shut down due to power issues and repairs.

Every Monday morning a large portion of the IP handsets are working bowever 70 to 80% have 1 way speech the only way to recover the handsets is to rebbot them and alll is fine.

I have noticed a tib within here where 3com own phones have issues as well. does anybody have any ideas to what could be causing me these issues.

What kind of testing and baselining was done to qualify the LAN for VOIP readiness? What were the results?

We have done a comprehensive test of our network and are still doing Network Assurance Testing.

We have been doing indepth tracing today and it looks to be an ARP issues and in particular Gratuitous ARP.

We are currently liasing with our Mitel representatives for futher investigation.

Is anyone got more inof on Gratuitous ARP?

Regards
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back