Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamvari

Vendor
Feb 1, 2008
ZW
Kindly assist with this setup. I have a IP Ldk300 on one site the other remote site is linked via Optic fibre over a Wan, but we don’t need a pabx is it possible to assign and install Ip phones to this remote site without the use of an Rsg. The remote site does not want Pstn they can access from the Main system only extension are needed.

Dial Tone shoul be There

LG IP phones (LIP-xxxx) can be used without using an RSG.
If you have your LAN/WAN out to the remote site, then you can just install IP phones at that site.

///doktor

I have managed to register an Ip phone on a test system in our workshop but i have problems :1 the ip is giving itself an Ip address in pgm386 bin 01. I will have to put Voib and mpb in that range as well for it to work.
2 I cannot enter into the progamming mode of the Ip phone if i press (*) it prompts for password which cannot be inseted.

3. The Ip phone is restarting on its own after about 5 minutes.

Any clues ? !!!!

Dial Tone shoul be There

try password: 147* to log in to configuration

It does not allow me to press any buttons.

Dial Tone shoul be There

Thanks i got it 147* works but what is purpose of a trace password in Pgm340

Dial Tone shoul be There

The trace password in Pgm340 is for login to the VOIB/VOIBE board for ipLDK-100/300, when you browse into the VOIB board from your Internet Explorer.

///doktor

Now the last problem , Ip phone restarts periodically , what can be cause, It initialise cant it connect constantly . I have tried on differenet networks but still behaves the same. It seems like it looses connection then reconects.

Dial Tone shoul be There

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back