Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP phone won't de-register

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil204

Technical User
Apr 13, 2011
GB
Hello, I have a customer who has 2 mxe controllers one is a resilient unit for a main controller. They are clustered together with SDS enabled.

The customer wants the ability to delete the MAC address of a phone from the system and therefore move the phone eleswhere under a different DN. However the phone will not de-register the only way it will is to reboot the system.

Yes there are other and much more simpler ways to move phones around but this is what the customer wants. Mitel have so far come up with blanks.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Does custome have programming access because if so and they look up the extension it shows the MAC address of the phone. You were always able as far as I know to blank that MAC address and save to free up the phone. If they don't have access to programming there isn't really much they can do other then using the set replacement code to register a different set to the DN. That would free the particular set up. Don't think that is what the customer is trying to do I guess based on your post.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

If the phone is set as resilient that may cause you some problems as well... You may need to make that device non resilient for the change.

Right forgot to mention that any resilient phones would need to be non resilient first. Good catch Paspilla.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back