Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone Placement per hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreillyeci

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
US
Is there a limit to how many IP phones can be moved per hour assuming there are thousands of people. what is the upper limit, and what might put constraints on the ability to move users?

I think you need to add more specifics. What hardware & software are you running, how heavy a load is on the system (one way to get the load is this bash-level command: top -n1).
Also what are your plans, needs & concerns?
- Are you going to do this overnight or during the work day?
- How many phones per hour?
- Do you need the phones to re-register in 5 minutes or overnight?
- Will the phones unregister & re-register "at the same time" or spread out over the hour(s)?
- Are some users more important than others? If so, what are the needs for each group?

The greater the load, the more stress on the system. Older software (& hardware) responds to this activity worse than newer software (& hardware).

If my job depended on this, I'd either do it off-hours or I'd think about talking to the Avaya developers.

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back