Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP phone password changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagii

Vendor
Dec 25, 2008
US
Somehow the color*set password was changed any idea's on how to reset it or change it?

UNIStim 3.2 firmware added the ability to change the Local Tools Menu Password via a Nortel-i2004-B DHCP scope or via a TFTP/HTTP config file.

It's an 1140e phone and it is not working I can't configure it bucause the password was changed,Gwebster do you have any info on how I can configure the dhcp scope

Details on all of the DHCP/TFTP/HTTP configuration options are shown in the Product Bulletin associated with whatever firmware version you are running.

You can reset it:

**73639[MAC]## – where [MAC] is the MAC address of the phone using the 2 key for A/B/C and the 3 key for D/E/F.

The MAC address is on the back of each phone.

You can also think of it as **RENEW[MAC]##.

You can enter this at any time once the IP Phone is powered up. If you have the phone configured for "Live Dial Pad" on a CS 1000, then it must be turned off for this sequence to work.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I tried the **73639[MAC]## – where [MAC] is the MAC address of the phone using the 2 key for A/B/C and the 3 key for D/E/F. and it did not set it back to color*set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back