Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnire

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2006
CA
I am very new to the BCM and this is the first time i have setup an IP phone.

I have an ip client license and tried two types a IP sets, a i2002 and a softphone.

I can register the set and change the button assignments/change the DN however, when i try to make an internal call by choosing the intercom button i get a fast busy and "try later" displays. When i call the phone from a digital set i get a fast busy.

This is a BCM that i'm using for testing. There are no trunks and i do not have the station hotlined. I am using a simple switch (no firewall) and i do not have NAT turned on. I have tired both DHCP and static ip's. I am using the auto setting for my codec on the ip sets. I get the same problem with both the hard and soft phone.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Do you get a dial tone on the IP set?
Can you call from the IP set to another tdm extension on the system

When i call the IP DN from a tdm set i get fast busy.
When i try to make an intercom call from the ip set to a tdm set (because i only have 1 ip license i can only have 1 ip set at a single time) I get fast busy and on the display it says "Try Later".

I can use feature codes to forward etc the IP set with no problems - just no tdm communication.

Thanks for your help.

No. I only have a digital station module. I have used a ATA for testing on one of the the digital stations before but i have since removed it.

I only have one module.

thx

Yes. I have 5 digital sets that are working fine. It is the IP set that i cannot call and i cannot call from.

The ip set display is populated with DN/button assignments etc, i just can't place or make an intercom call.

thx

I have an i2050 configured in two places:
1. DN REgistration/Inactive DNs reg'd
2. Inactive DNs/Set DNs (quite a bit of info here)
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back